Ahead of the broadcast of episode two of Doctor Who series seven, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, a few websites have posted their spoiler-free teasers for the upcoming episode. No spoilers within!
Here’s a sample of those teasers. Click the links for the full articles!
1. Following last episode’s Jenna-Louise Coleman reveal, expect another big twist in ‘Dinosaurs’.
2. ”I liked you before you said ********.”
3. The Doctor has something that Rory doesn’t.
4. ”I’m going to look at rocks!”
5. Rory gets a chance to show off his “awesome… skills”.
• A very silly, fast-paced, but amusing romp. Kind of like how “The Curse Of The Black Spot” should have been, but wasn’t. The story may not be the greatest ever, but it absolutely nails the correct tone.
• Although it may be a little too fast-paced to begin with. It’s not confusing – you know what’s going on – you’d just like to know a little but more about why what’s going on is going on.
• The humour ranges from Carry On innuendo to some near-Douglas Adams style concepts, especially a means of propulsion.
• The guest performances aren’t as broad as you’d expect given the crazy cast of characters (and casting) the story has on offer; it’s actually played remarkable straight…
• …Except for two specific characters, who are very funny, very Douglas Adams and impeccably voiced.
• We may have found the new Wilfred Mott – you’ll know who we mean within minutes of the episode starting and his final scene is so sweet.
• The reason there are dinosaurs on a spaceship has a very pleasing logic behind it.
- You may recognise some familiar voices.
- You might have seen the weapons used against the dinosaurs somewhere before.
“Take her, I shoot you!”
Elsewhere, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship has earned several positive reviews (not quite at the level of Asylum of the Daleks, but that’s not exactly a huge surprise!
Dinosaurs on a Spaceship airs on Saturday at 7.35pm on BBC One in the UK , 9/8C in the US on BBC America, and 9pm on Space in Canada.